The Complete High School Guide to Finding a Career
Finding a job can be a daunting task, however with the right resources and information, you should be able to land a job fairly easily. Whether you're looking for a summer job or something a bit more substantial and long term, it's important to understand not only where to find good jobs, but how to get one. Writing your resume correctly as well as following some simple interview tips will help you get noticed by your future employer. Doing everything right the first time can often be the difference between you just being another name in the pot and being someone a hiring manager is interested in. Utilize some of the resources in this guide to help you get the perfect job that will not only be something to provide you with extra money, but will also be a job or career that you will enjoy.
- Tips for Resume Success – Use these informative and helpful tips to get you ready to write the perfect resume.
- Getting Started – This page has an online tutorial and much more to help get you started on your resume.
- Resume Basics – Some helpful information on what to include on your resume before you start submitting it to potential employers.
- Resumes & Cover Letters – Find out how you can make your resume and cover letter better than the competition.
- General Tips – These easy yet helpful, general resume writing tips can help you stand out in the crowd.
- Resume Samples – This page features sample resumes, tips, and more.
- Formatting Tips – An easy to understand guide that shows you what kind of things to include on your resume.
- More Tips & Examples – A few helpful tips and a couple of example resumes, courtesy of the Mayo Clinic.
- Advice for a Great Resume – This website has some excellent advice to help you write the best resume possible.
- Writing a Masterpiece Resume – This page highlights how you can write a masterpiece of a resume.
- Monster – Find a great job on one of the most popular job hunting websites.
- Indeed – Simply enter a keyword and your location, and Indeed will find job listings from several sources online.
- Simply Hired – Look for your next job here, where you can search by job type and location.
- Snag a Job – This site is perfect for high school students looking for work since it features employers that pay hourly.
- Career Builder – Career Builder searches your local newspaper and other sources to find a great job for your skills.
- Jobs – Another easy to use job hunting website.
- USA Jobs – Check out the federal government's website for finding a real government job.
- Careers – Use this website to network and find careers from all over the country.
- The Ladders –This website is geared towards higher paying salaried careers, but it can help you get an idea of what is currently available in the job market.
- Student Careers – This website is aimed at matching students with the perfect career, with steps on how to evaluate interests and know where to begin a job search.
- The Manpower Group – This staffing agency hires people for everything from labor to office work.
- Apple One – Apple One matches your skills with employers so you find the perfect match.
- Office Team – Office Team has a helpful staff that can find you an office or accounting related job.
- Accountemps – This staffing agency specializes in billing and accounting related jobs.
- Aerotek – Let Aerotek help you find the right engineering, computer related, or other specified job.
- Kelly Services – Kelly Services will match your skillset with an eager employer looking for the right fit.
- Integrity Staffing Services – Integrity will assist you in your career search.
- Spherion Staffing – Spherion will deliver recruiting and staffing excellence.
- Headway Corporate Staffing – This staffing agency will help match employers with employees in various backgrounds and skillsets.
- Reliance Staffing – Reliance are experts in staffing for many different careers.
- Tips for Success – Follow these tips to help you have a successful interview.
- Interviewing Tips – Some simple yet helpful tips to make sure you do well in your next job interview.
- Successful Interview Tips – Read through this advice to make sure you've covered all bases before the interview.
- Appearance and Attire – How you dress and look can impact a potential employer's final decision.
- Preparation Tips – Being prepared for an interview is the most important thing; don’t get left behind.
- Etiquette – Check out some interview etiquette advice from Emily Post.
- Follow Up – After your job interview, don't forget to follow-up with a thank you letter.
- More in Etiquette – How you handle yourself in a job interview can mean the difference between getting and not getting the job.
- Job Interview Tips – Some more helpful tips all about the job interview.
- More Advice – Here's some more, simple yet helpful interview advice.